Position: Administrative Assistant, NDP Caucus Office
Duties: Reports to Chief of Staff and is responsible for:
• Scheduling and organizing meetings, events and phone calls.
• Liaising with NDP office staff, elected officials, community groups and stakeholders as required.
• Working with senior staff on long term strategic goals.
• Coordinating travel logistics for events and meetings.
• Preparing detailed itineraries for meetings, events and travel.
• Attending meetings and events.
• Handling incoming and outgoing mail, email and telephone inquiries.
• Assisting in drafting letters and correspondence as required.
• Organizing and maintaining thorough records, files, photographs, and various databases.
• Updating social media pages.
• Providing general administrative support.
• Some travel required.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Knowledge of the New Democratic Party and its policies, the labour movement and provincial public affairs.
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated experience working to tight deadlines under pressure.
• Ability to work as part of a team and on one’s own.
• Sound political judgment.
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Experience with Microsoft Office software, including word processing and spreadsheets.
• Knowledge of databases an asset.
• Graphic design skills an asset.
• Experience with maintaining social media sites (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
• Relevant post-secondary education or equivalent experience.
• Availability to work and travel outside normal office hours which can include evenings, weekends and some holidays.
• A valid driver’s license is essential.
Salary: $39,500 - in accordance with House of Assembly political staff pay scales.
Closing Date: April 10, 2015. Commencing as soon as possible.
Send Application to: Amanda Will, Chief of Staff by e-mail: email@example.com or
by mail: NDP Caucus Office, PO Box 8700, St. John’s, NL A1B 4J6
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.